Nutrition and Dietetics can work as a dietician in hospitals and Nutritionists in health clinics, health centers, and MNCs.
• Opportunity to be a registered dietician (RD). Graudates can work as a project assistant, project associate, chief nutritionist in NGO’s and private organizations.
• Bariatric surgery Nutritionist.
|Two years (4 Semesters) Full-time on-campus Masters Degree Programme|
|Department of Food Science and Nutrition|
|ELIGIBILITY||FUTURE CAREER PROSPECTS|
• Minimum percentage is 50% or B grade for students who have the following degrees: B.Sc. Foods and Nutrition, B.Sc. Food Science and Nutrition, B.Sc. Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics/Nutrition and Dietetics, B.Sc . Public Health and Nutrition, B.Sc. Applied Nutrition.
• Minimum percentage is 55% or B grade for students with a degree in Pure Sciences : B.Sc. Life Sciences, B.Sc. Biochemistry, B.Sc Biotechnology, B.Sc. Physiology, B.Sc Zoology, B.Sc.Molecular Biology, B.Sc. Clinical and Laboratory Sciences.
• Minimum 50% or B grade for students with Postgraduate Diplomas in Dietetics, Applied Nutrition, Sports Sciences Fitness and Nutrition, Public Health, Clinical Research.
• NOTE: Applicants in B categ ory who do have specialization in Foods and Nutrition at Undergraduate level should have completed a total 32 credits under the semester pattern or 600 marks under the annual pattern in the following subjects: • Chemistry • Biology • Physiology
|• Nutritional Biochemistry (Th) • Research Methods and Statistics (I & II Th and Pr) • Advanced Nutrition I and II (Th) • Medical Nutrition Management (I, II,III Th & Pr) • Pathophysiology & Metabolism in Disease (Th) • Applied Food Science & Product Modification (Pr) • Public Nutrition & Health (Th) • Pediatric & Geriatric Nutrition (Th) • Nutrition in Critical Care (Th) • Functional Foods & Nutraceuticals/ Clinical Nutrition (Th) • Management of Specific Disease Conditions (Pr) • Research Applications in Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics • Dissertation/Action Project|
|Nutritional Biochemistry||Research Methodology||Minerals||Dissertation|
|Macronutrients||Applied Food Science and Product Modification||Public Nutrition and Health Or Maternal and Child Nutrition||Internship|
|Medical Nutrition Therapy I Th||Vitamins||Pediatric Nutrition||Scientific Writing|
|Medical Nutrition Therapy I Pr||Medical Nutrition Therapy II Th||Nutrition in Cancer and Critical Care||Dietetic Techniques and Patient Counseling|
|Pathophysiology and Metabolism in Disease||Medical Nutrition Therapy II Pr||Statistical Applications in Research|